Please read these Referral Program rules (the “Rules”) carefully. Tellwell Talent Inc., a British Columbia company, having its offices at Suite 201 – 1028 Fort Street, Victoria, BC Canada V8V 3K4 (“Tellwell”) offers publishing consulting, project management, editorial, design, illustration, marketing and distribution services (the “Services”). Subject to eligibility, Tellwell encourages its customers or other persons who are supportive of Tellwell’s stated purpose to create a more vibrant culture by helping people share their stories and/or who are positive about Tellwell Services, to participate in the Program by providing personalized introductions to Tellwell for those people in their network who they think might benefit from the Services (the act of which is a “Referral”). The person making the introduction is the “Referrer” and any person receiving such an introduction is the “Referee”. Participation in the Program by a Referrer, and by any Referee subsequent to receiving an introduction from a Referrer, is voluntary. These Rules govern your participation in the Program as either a Referrer or a Referee. Wherever used in these Rules, “you”, “your”, “the customer”, “the author”, “the Referrer”, “the Referee” or similar terms means the person or legal entity participating in the Program administered by Tellwell.
PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM IS FREE OF CHARGE HOWEVER BY PARTICIPATING IN, OR OR ENGAGING WITH THE PROGRAM, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT WITH TELLWELL (THE “AGREEMENT”). THE AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO THESE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE RULES, YOU SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM.
If you have any questions regarding these Rules, please contact us at email@example.com.
- PROGRAM MECHANICS
- 1.1 A Referral is initiated when the Referrer sends a Tellwell-provided website link that is unique to the Referrer (the “Webpage”) to another person.
- 1.2 A Referral is consummated when the Referee enters complete and valid information into the form on the Webpage and electronically submits that completed form to Tellwell (the “Submitted Form”).
- 1.3 Anyone is eligible to contact Tellwell about, or contract with Tellwell for, its Services; however any benefits of this Program are reserved for Referrers and Referees.
- 2.1 Referrers
Non-Tellwell employees are eligible as a Referrer for each Referral instance where,
- You are over the age of 19.
- Your Referral author submits the Completed Form from your Link, or by using other tracking methods that may be approved by Tellwell from time to time such as a unique coupon code.
- Your Referral author must not have already contacted Tellwell in the past as a result of Tellwell’s other marketing activities, including but not limited to other referrals, Google AdWords or Facebook advertising; in other words, they must be new authors with whom Tellwell is not already, or has not been, in communication, regardless of whether that communication is active or inactive at the time of Referral.
You are eligible to be a Referee when,
- Your first ever communication or contact of any kind with Tellwell was via a Submitted Form from a Link provided to you by a Referrer, or by using other tracking methods that may be approved by Tellwell from time to time such as a unique coupon code.
- You represent and warrant that you are over the age of 19 and that you have the authority to bind a company or other legal person to these Rules If you are accessing or engaging in the Program on behalf of that company (such as your employer) or other legal person.
Tellwell reserves the right to waive the eligibility criteria under special circumstances if it is clear that a valid Referral took place but the Referee accidentally neglected to use the proper webpage to submit the form.
- 3.1 For each Referee of yours who contracts with Tellwell for Services, you will become eligible to receive your choice of Tellwell-offered benefits or monetary payment (the “Reward”) 30 days after Tellwell receives that Referee’s first payment and accepts the Referee as a client, provided that the Referee does not cancel their Services during that 30 days period.
- 3.2 The specific details and amount of rewards you can receive for making a successful Referral may
depending on the scope of Services purchased by the Referee; these details will be outlined in
detail on the Tellwell websites including www.tellwellpublishing.com
(the “Website”) and are subject to change with or without notice in Tellwell’s sole discretion.
- 3.3 Unless otherwise specified on the Website, where a reward depends on the scope of Services purchased and paid for by the Referee, this scope will be based on the value of Services purchased at the time of initial sign-up, provided that the initial sign-up occurs in the 180-day period starting from when Tellwell receives the Submitted Form (the “Benefits Period”).
- 3.4 Referees will be eligible for a 10% discount on the pre-tax amount of their first order for Services during the Benefits Period, providing that no other form of credit or discount has been applied to the Services (the “Credit”).
- 3.5 Details of the Credit available to your Referral authors will be described on the Webpage and/or via subsequent communications between Tellwell and the Referee. As Referrer, and at Tellwell’s sole discretion, you may or may not have ongoing access to information pertaining to any of your Referral author’s Services or Credits status.
- 3.6 The Credit is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other special offer for Services. The Credit may be subject to expiration or other restrictions, other than those stated in these Rules, in accordance with Tellwell’s Terms and Conditions listed on the Website.
- 4.1 Tellwell may from time to time develop new tiers of referral programs with unique selection criteria, which may be given unique names such as Author Advocate program, Ambassador program, Partner program, or other names (“Tiers”).
- 4.2 Details about the incentives and benefits for any of these Tiers will be described on the Website in the description of the applicable program, and these descriptions by reference form part of these Rules.
- 5.1 Tellwell may limit the Credit given to Referees to certain Services and exclude certain Services, in which cases these excluded Services will be listed on the Website.
- 5.2 You will only share your Webpage with people who consent to receiving the link. When sharing the Webpage with anyone, you will abide by all laws governing such communication and promotion in your jurisdictions and in the jurisdiction of the Referee, including but not limited to anti-spam laws.
- 6.1 Tellwell reserves the right to change the Rules at any time, including the Rewards, Credits, Benefits Period and Tiers.
- 6.2 In the event changes occur to the Program or in accordance with Section 5.1, will receive the Reward or Credit applicable for a particular Referral as it was prescribed at the date on which when that Benefits Period started.