Are you a writing coach, editor, ghostwriter, small publisher, writers’ organization, or any other type of book publishing professional? Do you often meet authors who are interested in self-publishing but they don’t know where to start and would benefit from a professional publishing team? Are you looking for a reliable partner to recommend to authors who value quality and seek support throughout the publishing process?
Share, give, and earn!
Introducing the Tellwell Ambassador program! As a Tellwell Ambassador, you can SHARE free publishing educational resources, GIVE your clients, members or friends a 10% discount on their services, and EARN generous rewards for every author you refer who signs up to publish with us.
At Tellwell, we understand the challenges of self-publishing, and we are dedicated to providing high-quality, customized support to authors every step of the way. We value our partnership with professionals like you, who are committed to helping authors achieve their publishing goals.
Join our ambassador program today and help your clients and friends achieve their publishing dreams while earning rewards for your referrals!
How it works*
|Share knowledge||Give a deal||Earn rewards|
Share a unique referral link
The link goes to a page with access to Tellwell’s free suite of educational materials like our:
If they request any of the above by submitting the form, we track it as one of your referrals.
Give the gift of 10% off
In addition to giving access to free knowledge resources, any writer you refer to Tellwell will get up to 10% off their first publishing package.
Earn up to AUD $1,000 per referral
If your referral signs up to publish, you get a minimum AUD $250 in rewards (or AUD $300 in service credit). This can go up to AUD $500 if they sign up for the All Inclusive package or equivalent, and AUD $1,000 if they sign up for the Traditional package or equivalent.
Rewards are assigned as points. Points can be converted to cash, credit towards Tellwell services, gift cards, charitable donations, or other benefits.
* Savings on Tellwell services expire. Currency amounts may vary depending on the country of the referrer. See FAQ below and read Tellwell’s Referral Program Rules for more details.
There are five great reasons to become a Tellwell Ambassador:
- You believe in Tellwell! You've done your research and are convinced that our team is an excellent
option for many writers.
- Our proven process starts with free education. We believe in sharing our knowledge, even if it means
some authors choose an alternate route. We empower writers with industry information and options,
allowing them to make informed decisions about what's best for them.
- By giving the gift of free educational resources and up to 10% savings, you are helping your friends or
family members educate themselves about publishing options and getting clear on the steps involved – and
in so doing, you help them take an important step towards achieving their goal.
- Compared to traditional publishers, Tellwell's model gives authors more control over the publishing
timeline and creative process, higher royalties, and the ability to retain publishing rights. Our
professional team also provides quality support throughout the publishing journey.
- Compared to a DIY approach to self-publishing, working with Tellwell provides authors with guidance, encouragement, and professional support, along with a proven step-by-step process to help them avoid common pitfalls and save time and effort.
Join the Tellwell Ambassador program today to help your clients and friends achieve their publishing goals while earning generous rewards for your referrals!
Joining the Ambassador program
Joining the Tellwell Ambassador Program is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Sign up via this form.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive access to a referrals portal, where you'll be able to find your unique referral link. You
can use this link to share with people you know.
- There are several ways to share your link, including copying the unique link from the widget and pasting
it into an email, LinkedIn message, or any other communication channel. You can also use the LinkedIn or
other share buttons to share Tellwell’s educational link with pre-built posts or direct messages.
- When someone clicks on your referral link and submits a form on the landing page to gain access to free resources, we will track it as one of your referrals.
Where to share?
Here are some effective ways to share your referral link:
- Direct communication: Use the referral widget to send your unique link via direct message on platforms
such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, text message, WhatsApp, or email.
- Post on social media: We provide some default posts that you can use from the referral widget, or you
can create your own creative post.
- Mention Tellwell in a blog article on your website or in your email newsletter and embed your unique
link. Make sure to comply with any disclosure rules.
- Mention Tellwell when you talk to authors. Simply refer them to a page on your website where they can
get information about your experience working with Tellwell and a free publishing guide. You can also
tell them to say that they were referred by you to get the free credit, and we will do our best to track
- Invite Tellwell to contribute to a group, event, media platform, or community you are part of that you think would be interested in learning about publishing. We can provide guest blog articles, newsletter content, workshops, webinars, public speaking, or other presentations. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or inquire about our outreach programs here.
Your referrals are tracked automatically in your referral dashboard. You can see stats on how many people have visited your unique landing page, how many have submitted the form to become a referral of yours, the status of each referral, and your earnings balance.
When one of your referrals signs up to work with Tellwell, the status will change to pending until 30 days after they sign-up. Then you will have a balance and can request to be paid out at any time you choose. You may opt for a cash reward, credit towards services, or one of many other exciting options in our reward exchange program. If for some reason you don’t want the referral reward, you can donate it to a charity or to one of our publishing sponsorship programs geared towards giving more people a voice. The exact payout time depends on the reward you choose. Cash payouts are administered quarterly near the end of the 2nd month of each quarter, according to the same schedule that we payout author royalties.
- Are writing a book and want to learn about publishing options.
- Value the advantages of self-publishing, such as control of the publishing timeline, creative control, higher royalties, and ownership.
- Care about the quality of their book and, therefore, see value in getting professional publishing support.
- Don’t want to manage every project detail alone and value guidance through the process.
Tellwell is an excellent fit for authors who:
The chart below shows the basic payouts by country and currency should you choose a cash reward or credit towards services. But remember there are many other exciting rewards to choose from including gift cards and more.
|Cash||CAD $250||USD $200||AUD $250||£150||€150|
|Service Credit||CAD $300||USD $250||AUD $300||£180||€180|
If the author you refer signs up for our All Inclusive or equivalent, we will double the above amounts, and if they sign up for the Traditional package or equivalent, we will quadruple it! For countries outside the above listed areas, the USD amount applies.
The traditional publishing process often involves finding an agent and submitting query letters or a book proposal. It can take significant time and effort to navigate the solicitation process and get traditionally published.
In contrast, Tellwell's model offers authors more control over the publishing process, from creative decisions to the timeline, without the need for traditional publishing gatekeepers. However, it's important to note that Tellwell's model involves paying up front for services.
With Tellwell, authors retain their publishing rights and can receive higher royalties than with traditional publishing. In addition, they receive professional support from a talented team while still maintaining control over their work.
Working with Tellwell provides authors with support, guidance, and encouragement, combined with the quality that comes with the support of a professional team. Tellwell's proven step-by-step process helps authors save time and avoid common pitfalls, compared to trying to do everything alone. Hiring freelancers can be a viable option, but it requires more time and effort to find the right team and manage multiple vendors.
At Tellwell, we are committed to upholding high standards of ethics in our business practices. This includes a commitment to transparency and honesty in our interactions with authors and partners. We believe in making our pricing and terms and conditions clear and easily understandable to our clients.
We strive to provide excellent service and support to every author, regardless of their background or level of experience. To ensure that we are delivering the best possible service, our team members undergo regular training to stay up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
We take client feedback seriously and use it to continually improve our services. We conduct regular internal evaluations based on client feedback to judge our performance. Our online reviews are overwhelmingly positive, reflecting our commitment to providing exceptional service to our clients. We are proud to have been a 2022 finalist for a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Torch Award for Ethics.